Here’s a recent (Jan. 2012) harvest of links for writers. I’ve enjoyed all these bits and pieces, which include a couple of round-ups from 2011. Enjoy!
- The ALA (ALSC Division) revised list of Great Early Elem. School Reads (2009-2011 titles): http://www.ala.org/alsc/compubs/booklists/greatreads/greatearlyelemreads .
- 5 Great Apps that Help you Write: http://family.lifegoesstrong.com/article/5-great-apps-help-you-write .
- Walter Dean Myers, new Children’s Literature Ambassador: http://www.loc.gov/today/pr/2012/12-001.html .
- Guy Laramee sculpts landscapes from books: http://www.visualnews.com/2011/12/22/mountains-of-books-become-mountains/ .
- In memoriam, great book-people, writers, illustrators and librarians we lost in 2011: http://www.schoollibraryjournal.com/slj/home/893185-312/in_memoriam_2011.html.csp?utm_source=Publishers+Weekly%27s+Children%27s+Bookshelf&utm_campaign=6847d80fe6-UA-15906914-1&utm_medium=email .
- Children’s writers talk about films made from books—and which books they’d like to see made into films: http://www.salon.com/2011/12/28/and_the_next_tintin_is/singleton/?utm_source=Publishers+Weekly%27s+Children%27s+Bookshelf&utm_campaign=6847d80fe6-UA-15906914-1&utm_medium=email .
- Best Books–Overlaps: http://blog.schoollibraryjournal.com/heavymedal/2012/01/04/best-books-overlap/
- Wynne-Jones’ Blink & Caution Speech: http://www.hbook.com/2011/12/news/boston-globe-horn-book-awards/blink-caution-acceptance-speech/
- Horn Book Magazine’s “5 Questions for Jane Yolen:” http://www.hbook.com/2012/01/authors-illustrators/interviews/five-questions-for-jane-yolen/